Installation

Upgrade Splunk DB connect

rahul2gupta
Path Finder

Hi ,

I want to upgrade Splunk DB Connect( current version 1.1.7 ) to its latest version. please help me on these queries.

1.Can you suggest which version should I go for?

2.Are there any prerequisite before updating to its higher version?

3. Our current Splunk Enterprise version is 7.1.3, will it(Splunk DB Connect higher version) will be compatible with this version(SE version)?

Regards,

Rahul

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the latest version of DB Connect supports 7.1.3.  You can read the system requirements at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.6.0/DeployDBX/Prerequisites

I recommend upgrading to the latest version that does not have a Known Issue that affects you.  Read the Know Issues in the Release Notes at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.6.0/ReleaseNotes/Releasenotes#Known_issues

IIRC, there is no upgrade path from DBX1 to DBX3.  You have to install DBX2 first or install and configure DBX3 from scratch.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

rahul2gupta
Path Finder

Thanks @richgalloway for your reply!

We will go with to  install DBX3 and configure it from scratch. Can you please help to understand this:

Should we first install and configure DBX3 then remove DB V1 or remove the existing one then install and configure.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Install DB3 first and configure identities and connections.  Then disable DBX1 and configure DBX3 inputs.  Avoid having the same inputs enabled in both DBX1 and DBX3 or you may get duplicate data.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...