Installation

Unable to create License Pool

dishasaxena
Path Finder

I have installed indexer on one Linux machine and one Windows machine. I have created Windows machine's Splunk indexer as slave to indexer of Unix machine.

I am creating License Pool on Unix Machines's Indexer but it is giving below error:
"Stack is fully allocated. No more quota to create the new pool "

Could anyone please help me to sort this out.

Regards,
Disha

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You first have to de-allocate space from the old pool. So for the auto-generated pool, remove however many MB you wish to allocate to the new pool. Once you update the old pool, then you can create a new pool with the correct allocation of license.

Here's a link and mini-tutorial

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.1/Admin/Createalicensepool

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You first have to de-allocate space from the old pool. So for the auto-generated pool, remove however many MB you wish to allocate to the new pool. Once you update the old pool, then you can create a new pool with the correct allocation of license.

Here's a link and mini-tutorial

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.1/Admin/Createalicensepool

dishasaxena
Path Finder

Hey thanks!! It worked now. I have removed allocation from auto-generated pool and have created my own custom pools.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...