Installation

UF Installation does not proceed - Installation log?

ojay
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm trying to install a UF on Linux and the installation procedure stops the moment the administrator username is being requested

"Please enter an administrator username: "

I can not figure out what is going as it does not proceed and it seems to just be freezing. 

Is there a log file that I can check on the installation progress? or errors?

Thanks,

Oj

Labels (1)
0 Karma

SRG9
Explorer

@ojay  can you please try with following way?

create user-seed.conf file with following contents under   $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/

[user_info]
USERNAME = admin
PASSWORD = <password>

and procedd with installtion 
./splunk start --accept-license --answer-yes --no-prompt

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are running this e.g. user splunk have you change ownership of /opt/splunkforwarder (or what is your splunk home) to this user? If not then when you are starting splunk, it cannot write to conf-files.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

ojay
Path Finder

Yes exactly but it doesn't!

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If you didn’t found anything from logs, can you try with —no-prompt and set admin user and password later on if you need those?
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Current versions expecting that you will enter an administrator account and it’s password there. If you don’t need/want those then use —no-prompt parameter when you are starting splunk first time.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

ojay
Path Finder

Thanks for the response.

I do enter a name and enter. After that it just doesnt do anything.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Then it should ask password for above account.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...