Installation

Splunkd service is trying to start after windows server reboot but it stops suddenly?

pavan1

splunkd service is trying to start after windows server reboot but it stops suddenly.

MS has confirmed that there is no issue from Service Control Manager. 

This Splunk service stoppage is found only on the servers after the patching reboot.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pavan1,

what's the hardware configuration of this machine?

Are you speaking of Splunk Enterprise or Universal Forwarder?

could you share the last relevant rows of $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log ?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

pavan1

it is universal forwarder.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pavan1,

I experienced this behavior when there aren't sufficient resources to run UF, what's the hardware configuration of this machine?

could you share the last relevant rows of $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log ?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

pavan1

All of them are virtual servers are windows 2016 & 2019 standard, hosted through vmware.

RAM Size varies from minimum 16 GB to 64 GB depending on the server role.

CPU is Intel 2.3 Ghz with minimum 2 cpu count & dual core.

With minimum OS Drive of 180 GB

Trying to get the logs as asked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...