Installation

Splunk license usage by host or indexes top 10

mintughosh
Path Finder

I have wrote a query to find out the license usage by host. But I need to find out the top 10 hosts or indexes in terms of license usage. I have written the following query.

index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" | stats sum(b) as bytes by h | eval MB = round(bytes/1024/1024,1) | rename h as "HOSTNAME" | fields - bytes | rename MB as "License Consumption (MB)"

The above query gives me license usage of all the hosts. I need to find top 10 hosts or indexes.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dineshraj9
Builder

Sort by consumption and use the top 10 values -

index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" | stats sum(b) as bytes by h | eval MB = round(bytes/1024/1024,1) | rename h as "HOSTNAME" | fields - bytes | rename MB as "License Consumption (MB)" | sort 10 - "License Consumption (MB)"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mwong
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can also use "top" command to show the most usage host. Please refer to our below documentation.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.3/SearchReference/Top

0 Karma

dineshraj9
Builder

Sort by consumption and use the top 10 values -

index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" | stats sum(b) as bytes by h | eval MB = round(bytes/1024/1024,1) | rename h as "HOSTNAME" | fields - bytes | rename MB as "License Consumption (MB)" | sort 10 - "License Consumption (MB)"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...