Installation

Splunk is not running, and it must be for this operation. To start splunk, run "splunk start". on HP-UX

romantercero
Path Finder

I'm trying to install the splunk forwarder on HP-UX 11.31. It seems to go fine, but every time I try to use the cli to troubleshoot it i get:

$ splunk status

splunkd is running (PID: 27310).

splunk helpers are running (PIDs: 27311).

$ splunk version

Splunk Universal Forwarder 5.0.2 (build 149561)

$ splunk list monitor

Splunk is not running, and it must be for this operation. To start splunk, run "splunk start".
(02)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

romantercero
Path Finder

Got it : /

It seems there are some issues with ssl right out of the box. I added:
enableSplunkdSSL = false

and it works now!

laserval
Communicator

Experienced the same problem on HPUX 11.31, had no problems on 11.23.
Disabled SSL for splunkd by adding the following to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf:

[sslConfig]
enableSplunkdSSL = false

And it worked. Thanks!

Note: This was on 6.0.2

0 Karma

romantercero
Path Finder

What do you mean its not allowing you to change it? Its a text file that you type in.

0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi romantercero..can you pls tell how did you change this value in server.conf.. wen i tried to change its not allowing me to do....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...