Installation

Splunk is not launching post installation on MacOS , ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'splunk' error

kumarviv
Explorer

I did the installation as suggested of the installation page (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/7.3.5/Installation/InstallonMacOSX) but when I launch the GUI it is throwing this error :

File "/Applications/Splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/clilib/cli.py", line 24, in
import splunk.clilib.cli_common as comm
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'splunk'

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @kumarviv,

You get this error because splunklight 7.3.5 was build for python 2.7 only and AFAIK not compatible with python 3.7. There is not such path "$SPLUNK_HOME/lib/python3.7/" in splunklight.

Try following:

1. stop splunk process if any is running
  2. remove/deinstall splunklight
  3. delete /Application/Splunk folder
  4. reboot
  5. install splunklight with default parameters, do not change anything (path etc.)

Let me know if it worked for you.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @kumarviv,

You get this error because splunklight 7.3.5 was build for python 2.7 only and AFAIK not compatible with python 3.7. There is not such path "$SPLUNK_HOME/lib/python3.7/" in splunklight.

Try following:

1. stop splunk process if any is running
  2. remove/deinstall splunklight
  3. delete /Application/Splunk folder
  4. reboot
  5. install splunklight with default parameters, do not change anything (path etc.)

Let me know if it worked for you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...