Installation

Splunk License Error After Proper Licensing

adidibra
Engager

Hello,

I have implemented an indexer cluster with 16 nodes and attached the license after the cluster was up and running for approx 20 days.

After applying the 1TB per day license, 15 nodes have been connected successfully with the license manager but only 1 is having issues and generation the following alert

[idx001] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times

I have tried some restarts and re-connection with the license manager from this node but still the message persists. Also in the license manager this is the only indexer missing even though the IP/DNS connectivity works

Is there any possibility to force re-connection from this indexer?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check splunkd.log on the indexer to see if anything is preventing it from connecting to the LM.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adidibra
Engager

Hello,

Good call. Someone changed the [general] pass and I was chasing my tail.

Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check splunkd.log on the indexer to see if anything is preventing it from connecting to the LM.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...