Installation

Splunk 9.0 upgrade question - "built-in" apps

jeremyhagand61
Communicator

Hi,

I'm doing prep work for my 8.2.6 upgrade to 9.0.1 and I have a couple of apps which are not listed as compatible with 9.0 in Splunkbase. These are:

Splunk Datasets Add-on | Splunkbase

Splunk Secure Gateway - Get started with Splunk Secure Gateway - Splunk Documentation

I note that in the Splunk docs for both of these apps that it indicates that they are built into Splunk. 

My question is, should I delete these two from the etc/apps folder BEFORE I do the upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I think that you don't need to do anything for those. Both of those seems to be a part of core Splunk Enterprise on premises version.

SSG has been part of core splunk sine 8.1.x or latest 8.2.0?

The Splunk Datasets Add-on is preinstalled with Splunk Cloud instances of version 6.5.x or later and Splunk Enterprise (on prem) 8.1 or later.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...