Installation

Splunk 9.0 upgrade question - "built-in" apps

jeremyhagand61
Communicator

Hi,

I'm doing prep work for my 8.2.6 upgrade to 9.0.1 and I have a couple of apps which are not listed as compatible with 9.0 in Splunkbase. These are:

Splunk Datasets Add-on | Splunkbase

Splunk Secure Gateway - Get started with Splunk Secure Gateway - Splunk Documentation

I note that in the Splunk docs for both of these apps that it indicates that they are built into Splunk. 

My question is, should I delete these two from the etc/apps folder BEFORE I do the upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I think that you don't need to do anything for those. Both of those seems to be a part of core Splunk Enterprise on premises version.

SSG has been part of core splunk sine 8.1.x or latest 8.2.0?

The Splunk Datasets Add-on is preinstalled with Splunk Cloud instances of version 6.5.x or later and Splunk Enterprise (on prem) 8.1 or later.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...