Installation

Splunk 6.2 Enterprise - convert to perpetual free license from expired license, but how do I resolve the pool warning?

tingtf3xe
Explorer

The problem was likely to be I had an older version of Splunk, and the license was expired, so I got 0 MB/day and hit pool warnings while uploading data.

I then converted to the perpetual free license but not sure if it would resolve the pool warning(not finalized yet) Issued prior to the conversion. If not, how should I get rid of it? Thanks!!

Details
- 1 pool warning reported by 1 indexer
- [Message] This pool contains slave(s) with 1 warnings
- [Pool] auto_generated_pool_free

Labels (1)
1 Solution

tingtf3xe
Explorer

Found the answer from here - http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Admin/Aboutlicenseviolations

"The daily license quota will reset at midnight (at which point the soft warning will become a "hard warning"). You have until then to fix your situation and ensure that you won't go over quota tomorrow, too."

View solution in original post

grijhwani
Motivator

You don't. The warning will disappear in time.

0 Karma

tingtf3xe
Explorer

Yeah - I think you are right. I was a bit nervous because I didn't realize the license problem yesterday and already got a permanent warning 😞

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

"Permanent" is only semi-permanent. It will expire eventually. With the Enterprise licence you are allowed 4 days over your licence, and with the free two days. A further day within a 30 day window sends the user interface "dark", allowing you to report only on Splunk stats and not a lot else until the first of those strikes then expires from the 30 day window (provided you have not had more since).

More complicated to explain than understand.

The banner warnings will expire at the same time, and the audit record (on the licence page) disappears eventually.

0 Karma

tingtf3xe
Explorer

Found the answer from here - http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Admin/Aboutlicenseviolations

"The daily license quota will reset at midnight (at which point the soft warning will become a "hard warning"). You have until then to fix your situation and ensure that you won't go over quota tomorrow, too."

musskopf
Builder

I should go away after some time, have a look here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Admin/Aboutlicenseviolations

0 Karma

tingtf3xe
Explorer

I like it! Too bad you commented instead of answering it, otherwise would accept your answer! Thanks for the help

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

I converted it to an answer - now you CAN accept it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...