Installation

SHC environment EXTRACT data without deployer

Thats_my_usrnme
Explorer

Hello team,

I have distrubuted environment and I got some data with syslog.  We  are create some regex for field extraction on captain SH not on Deployer (possibly this part should be search time field extraction) and everything works but I dont get it. I know captain SH replace the conf file for other SH. İs it process automatic or not? I cant see same config on deployer, I think its normal because we dont have app for this logsource just we use custom parse. İf I had a app, I can use deployer but in this case wondering custom process. Somebody can explain for me these process? why we didnt use Deployment server for HF parsing?(maybe its other way I'm not clear)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Thats_my_usrnme ,

you have to use Deployer to send the first version of an app to SHs.

Then every configuration update (made by GUI) is replicated to all the other Cluster members, but not to the Deployer.

If you have to make an update to the app, you have still to do it by Deployer but, anyway, the updated made on the members by GUI remain because they are in the local folders.

If you try to make an update directly to a conf file it isn't replicated to the other members.

You can find more details at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/DistSearch/AboutSHC and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPa3EjqD8Q4

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...