Installation

Remove all usage of Advanced XML. Advanced XML has been removed in Enterprise 8.0.

rahul2gupta
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello ,

We have an app "Splunk for Netxpress"  when scanning through "Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App" we are getting following error. Can you please help me to get rid of this.

rahul2gupta_0-1618982528272.png

Regards,

Rahul Gupta

Labels (4)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rahul2gupta,

Advanced XML was a different way to build dashboards that's deprecated since two Splunk versions.

You're not lucky because that App is archived in splunkbase so there isn't a new version.

So you have to manually convert that App Simple XML.

In other words, you have to create, one by one, all the dashboards of the old app: you don't need to create the searches because the old searches are usually still compatible (eventually check the new app with the Readiness App), you have only to put those searches in panels created with Simple XML.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

rahul2gupta
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello ,

You quoted "you have to manually convert that App Simple XML", Can you help me to understand this?

How it can be achieved?

Regards,

Rahul Gupta

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rahul2gupta,

you have to take, one by one, all the dashboards and run the searches of each panel.

If they run, go further, otherwise, debug the searches and see if you have all the data, if the knowledge objects are ok, and sono on.

The main problem should be the presence of data.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...