Installation

Question about Fortinet FortiGate Add-On for Splunk in splunkbase.com platform?

badr_boukari
Explorer

Hello the Team, hope you are Okey!

I have a question about Fortinet FortiGate Add-On for Splunk which is available in splunkbase.com platform : https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2846/#/details.

I am deploying a distributed Splunk Enterprise infrastructure with a Heavy Forwarder, Indexer and Search Head. I don’t know exactly in which instance I should  install the add-on?

Is it in the search Head? Should I add data input on Heavy Forwarder Instance? I didn’t really find a clear procedure for the installation and the configuration.

I have to implement a BOSS Of The SoC environment (so the datasets are already available on GitHub web site)

Thanks, In advance.

Waiting for your response,

Labels (4)
0 Karma

Imad
Engager

My setup:

Search Head Cluster with Deployer

Indexer Cluster with Cluster Manager

Fortigate Add-on: Installed on Fortigate Search Head Cluster AND Fortigate Indexer Cluster. So the Add-on needs to go on both SH cluster and Indexer cluster.

Fortigate App: Installed only on the Search Head Cluster.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...