Installation

Query for indexing volume (for last 7 days)

balbano
Contributor

Hi,

I would like to modify this query:
index=_internal group="per_index_thruput" | eval mb=kb/1024| timechart span=1d sum(mb) by series

Basically I want to include only indexes that apply to actual license volume and I would like to be able to add a field showing total volume based on the indexes that returned on the query.

I know this is probably a stupid question that has been asked over and over and this use to be available in Splunk 3.x I believe.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Brian

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

balbano
Contributor

index="_internal" group="per_index_thruput" | search series!="_audit" | search series!="_internal"| eval mb=kb/1000 | timechart span="24h" sum(mb)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wrangler2x
Motivator

Here is another way that shows you by index and puts a total at the bottom:

index=_internal source=*metrics* group=per_index_thruput series!="_*" earliest=-24h | rename series as index | eval MB = round(kb/1024,3) |stats sum(MB) as MB by index | where MB >= 1 | sort -MB | addtotals col=true row=false

If you remove 'earliest=-24' then you can have it use the time-frame you set in the drop-down box.

0 Karma

balbano
Contributor

index="_internal" group="per_index_thruput" | search series!="_audit" | search series!="_internal"| eval mb=kb/1000 | timechart span="24h" sum(mb)

0 Karma

balbano
Contributor

nevermind, this works for me:

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...