Installation

Need your advice reg. writing procedures to upgrade to 8.2.2.1 for Win & Linux. Should I write one for each?

SamHTexas
Builder

We have Spunk Ent. & ES both on Windows & RHEL (Linux). Are there much different procedures for Win vs Linux? Should I be writing on for each ? Or just one procedures for our entire environment. Some of my UFs are as old as 7.2.9 all the way up to 8.0.7. Thanks a million.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SamHTexas,

you have to define a procedure for upgrade your environment (Splunk Enterprise, Enterprise Security, and all the Apps and TAs).

The upgrade procedure is one and depends on:

• your architecture (distributed or stand-alone),
  • clusterized or not,
  • Splunk starting version (if youstart from 7, you have to pass through an intermediate version (e.g. 8.0.x).

Then for Linux and Windows you have to use different commands that you can find in the online documentation.

When you define the sequence of your steps, you can find the commands to use for Windows servers and Linux servers.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

here is the general order to upgrade splunk environment https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/What-s-the-order-of-operations-for-upgrading-Splunk-Ent...

Of course you must first ensure that your own/additional apps and TAs are compatible with the new version and update those first if needed. 
r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...