Installation

Multiple License Masters (failover scenario)

danielle_metz
Engager

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to configure a set of License Slaves to have two possible License Masters listed. In a situation where the first License Master goes down the Slaves/Indexers would automatically point to another License Master. Is this capability not available at this time? Will the Slaves/Indexers need to be manually pointed to a new License Master in this scenario?

Thank you for any feedback.

Tags (2)

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Currently in the license stanza in server.conf you can only specify a single license master host in the master_uri property.

So you could use a DNS CName alias for your license master's host name, and in the event that the primary license master host goes down, remap the CName entry to the failover license master host, and this would be transparent to your license slaves.

tuinteractive
Engager

do you know how often splunk does the dns lookup? if only once on startup then using DNS alone won't do the trick.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...