Installation

License expiration after effect

simon21
Path Finder

1) There are some features that are in the paid version but not in the free version.

For example, the function to set up automatic sending of PDF file by mail, the setting of a role, the setting of a user ID (login ID) is done with the paid version, but the function itself cannot be used with the free version, does the setting disappear at the moment the license expires?

(If you set various settings such as role settings and mail settings on the Splunk WEB screen, a file (such as a configuration file) is created in the program files, as for those created files, will it disappear at the moment it becomes a free version?)

2) After the license has expired, if I continue using the free version for a while, and after purchasing the license again, is it possible to switch to the paid version?

When switching, use the setting file described in Question 1 (if we lose it at the moment it becomes a free version, create a backup file in advance), and is it possible to restore the originally paid version settings (user ID, email settings, etc.)?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

As far as I'm aware your config is not destroyed. Once you install a valid license again, things will be back to normal. At least I don't recall anything breaking when I ran the free version for a while, when my developer license expired earlier this year and it took a while to get a new one.

Do note: as soon as you switch to the free version, your splunk instance will have NO authentication. Anyone visiting the webinterface will automatically be signed in with admin permissions.

Taking backups of relevant config files is always a good idea 🙂

View solution in original post

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

As far as I'm aware your config is not destroyed. Once you install a valid license again, things will be back to normal. At least I don't recall anything breaking when I ran the free version for a while, when my developer license expired earlier this year and it took a while to get a new one.

Do note: as soon as you switch to the free version, your splunk instance will have NO authentication. Anyone visiting the webinterface will automatically be signed in with admin permissions.

Taking backups of relevant config files is always a good idea 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...