Installation

License Master: can it serve up licenses but use a remote URL for its own license?

Jason
Motivator

I'm building a high availability Splunk environment for a customer. They view License Manager as a single point of failure, so I'm trying to duplicate its functionality across their indexers.

This question is key though: can an instance both serve up licenses, but use a different URL to get its own license? The URL may or may not point back to itself.

I guess I'm asking if Splunk can act as a license master and license slave at the same time.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Jason
Motivator

No, this is not possible. Putting a master_uri in the [license] section of server.conf only partially starts the license server; it does not appear to answer queries.

View solution in original post

Jason
Motivator

No, this is not possible. Putting a master_uri in the [license] section of server.conf only partially starts the license server; it does not appear to answer queries.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...