Installation

License File - How large is this license ?

AaronMoorcroft
Communicator

Hey Guys

So I have 4/5 license files all different sizes, I need to find out how big each license file is, is there a way of telling from within the files ? each one looks completely different and its not clear which file is for which size license.

Cheers

Aaron

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

n00badmin
Communicator

Do you have access to your support portal?

If you go under 'My Licences' then sort by 'Current' you should see your licence size and GUID.

Mapping the GUID should allow you to sort them out.

0 Karma

AaronMoorcroft
Communicator

Hi, yes just checked in there and there is only the one license listed which is a little worrying.

0 Karma

n00badmin
Communicator

probably an administrative oversight?

licences may have been attributed to other people in your org?

Either way, follow up with your Sales rep as having those licences in your support portal can be helpful in case you need to recover them, or verify which is one is which.

0 Karma

AaronMoorcroft
Communicator

Yep, all over it, thank you 🙂

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The license should be XML, and the key you are interested in is quota - it should show bytes.

0 Karma

AaronMoorcroft
Communicator

thank you, that's done the job for 2 of the license files. the others don't seem to have that quota info in them but this a great start anyway,

cheers

Aaron

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...