Installation

Kafka Splunk Sink connector: All channels have back pressure

rpollard001

Hi,

I have a Kafka cluster running, and periodically, the active controller fails. This causes issues with the Splunk sink connector and therefore stops the process of streaming audit data from Cloudera to Splunk.

The error I'm getting over and over is:

[2019-02-21 14:54:10,672] INFO add 1 failed batches (com.splunk.kafka.connect.SplunkSinkTask:322)
[2019-02-21 14:54:10,672] INFO total failed batches 263 (com.splunk.kafka.connect.SplunkSinkTask:47)
[2019-02-21 14:54:10,672] ERROR failed to send batch (com.splunk.kafka.connect.SplunkSinkTask:261)
com.splunk.hecclient.HecException: All channels have back pressure
    at com.splunk.hecclient.LoadBalancer.send(LoadBalancer.java:62)
    at com.splunk.hecclient.Hec.send(Hec.java:233)
    at com.splunk.kafka.connect.SplunkSinkTask.send(SplunkSinkTask.java:257)
    at com.splunk.kafka.connect.SplunkSinkTask.handleFailedBatches(SplunkSinkTask.java:127)
    at com.splunk.kafka.connect.SplunkSinkTask.put(SplunkSinkTask.java:62)
    at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.deliverMessages(WorkerSinkTask.java:495)
    at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.poll(WorkerSinkTask.java:288)
    at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.iteration(WorkerSinkTask.java:198)
    at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.execute(WorkerSinkTask.java:166)
    at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerTask.doRun(WorkerTask.java:170)
    at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerTask.run(WorkerTask.java:214)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have restarted and reset the sink connector configuration. It is still spitting out this error after an hour.

NOTE: This setup has been working for almost 2 weeks. It has only started doing this today. It did do this about 5 days ago. It came up with the same error and then corrected itself.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

rpollard001

ANSWER:
The problem was the Splunk server was down. Had not received a notice that is was going to be worked on and I assumed the problem was on my side.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...