Installation

Is there anything critical for me to consider upgrading my Splunk cluster from 6.2.1 to 6.2.5?

sympatiko
Communicator

Hi Splunkers,

Good day! I just want to ask is there something critical for me to do an upgrade for my Splunk cluster from 6.2.1 to 6.2.5? As far as my observations are concerned, I don't see any service affecting under 6.2.1.

TIA

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

acharlieh
Influencer

Critical is very subjective. You say you haven't observed any service problems, but also it depends on what you do with Splunk, how your Splunk processes are exposed, and what your organization classifies as critical. You may want to evaluate notices posted on the Splunk Security Portal for a number of notices on versions between 6.2.1 and 6.2.5.

You may also want to review the Release notes for each version. For example here's a link to 6.2.5's notes, and the others can be found on links near there.

0 Karma

sympatiko
Communicator

Thanks for the details. In terms of must do an upgrade is what Im suppose to say. Have a great day!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...