Installation

Is there a way to access license REST calls from non-license manager?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I want to make some license info available on my customer Search Head (SH), and the easiest way appears to be the license REST calls. Unfortunately, when I run the commands as admin on the SH, it returns zero results. Is there anyway to call these from a non-license manager search head?

| rest splunk_server=local /services/licenser/pools | rename title AS Pool | search [rest splunk_server=local /services/licenser/groups | search is_active=1 | eval stack_id=stack_ids | fields stack_id] | eval quota=if(isnull(effective_quota),quota,effective_quota) | eval "% used"=round(used_bytes/quota*100,2) |eval Pool=if(Pool="auto_generated_pool_enterprise","EI License",Pool), Pool=if(Pool="ECS Licensing", "ECS License",Pool) | fields Pool "% used"
Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Only way to be able to run licenser REST api from a non-license master node is to add licence master node as distributed search peer to the search head. Here are the instructions for that: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/DistSearch/Configuredistributedsearch

Please note that with this method, you would need to remove splunk_server=local portion of your search as the rest api endpoint is not local. You can either just ignore that option altogether, or user splunk_server="name of your license master".

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Only way to be able to run licenser REST api from a non-license master node is to add licence master node as distributed search peer to the search head. Here are the instructions for that: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/DistSearch/Configuredistributedsearch

Please note that with this method, you would need to remove splunk_server=local portion of your search as the rest api endpoint is not local. You can either just ignore that option altogether, or user splunk_server="name of your license master".

a212830
Champion

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...