Installation

Is there a way to access license REST calls from non-license manager?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I want to make some license info available on my customer Search Head (SH), and the easiest way appears to be the license REST calls. Unfortunately, when I run the commands as admin on the SH, it returns zero results. Is there anyway to call these from a non-license manager search head?

| rest splunk_server=local /services/licenser/pools | rename title AS Pool | search [rest splunk_server=local /services/licenser/groups | search is_active=1 | eval stack_id=stack_ids | fields stack_id] | eval quota=if(isnull(effective_quota),quota,effective_quota) | eval "% used"=round(used_bytes/quota*100,2) |eval Pool=if(Pool="auto_generated_pool_enterprise","EI License",Pool), Pool=if(Pool="ECS Licensing", "ECS License",Pool) | fields Pool "% used"
Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Only way to be able to run licenser REST api from a non-license master node is to add licence master node as distributed search peer to the search head. Here are the instructions for that: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/DistSearch/Configuredistributedsearch

Please note that with this method, you would need to remove splunk_server=local portion of your search as the rest api endpoint is not local. You can either just ignore that option altogether, or user splunk_server="name of your license master".

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Only way to be able to run licenser REST api from a non-license master node is to add licence master node as distributed search peer to the search head. Here are the instructions for that: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/DistSearch/Configuredistributedsearch

Please note that with this method, you would need to remove splunk_server=local portion of your search as the rest api endpoint is not local. You can either just ignore that option altogether, or user splunk_server="name of your license master".

a212830
Champion

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...