Installation

Is there a repository or public URL available to download Splunk upgrades? (Not via splunk.com)

jnilsson
Explorer

Hello, I've read the official docs pages on upgrading splunk, but they don't actually ever give direct instructions.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/Installation/HowtoupgradeSplunk

I don't have a complicated splunk install. It's installed on one server, not a distributed or clustered anything. And it's CentOS. So I'm looking either for a yum repository or some easy way to script getting the rpm or tar. I hate having to log in on the Splunk website and navigate their terrible UI to find the download.

If there isn't a repository available, does anyone know if they make their downloads available via some mirror or other public URL, using predictable path/file names?

Does everyone just manually login to download the latest Splunk files for all their architecture versions and distribute them by hand?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For export control and other reasons, you must authenticate to be able to download Splunk. That is why it is not available from a repository. Once you've downloaded it once, however, you can put it into a repository of your own and have your script pull it from there.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For export control and other reasons, you must authenticate to be able to download Splunk. That is why it is not available from a repository. Once you've downloaded it once, however, you can put it into a repository of your own and have your script pull it from there.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...