Installation

Installing Splunk 6.4.1 on OS X 10.11.5, why is the progress bar stuck on the "Verifying" window?

chasknell
Engager

I have downloaded the package and I've clicked the "Install Splunk" icon. The "Verifying" window is open and the progress bar appears, but hasn't moved for over ten minutes.

Anyone have a clue?

Labels (1)

awurster
Contributor

I also experienced this in El Capitan (11.x).

I'm not sure the background / root cause of the issue but try this suggestion, which worked for me.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/210642/pkg-for-installer-hangs-on-verify

0 Karma

mrevilnerd

I had this issue too, got lucky and a simple reboot and re-try of the installer got it going.

0 Karma

stlouisweb

I too am experiencing this with OS X 10.11.5 and Splunk 6.4.2, I tried to remove a previous Splunk version before installing this version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...