Installation

Installing AWS app for Splunk

antoniorp77
Explorer

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 3.05.56 PM.pngI am using Kali Linux and when I try to install the Splunk App for AWS the system keeps telling that the username and/or password are incorrect even though I am using the exact same credentials that I used to log in. I have tried using "admin" as username, changing the password and many other things but it keeps giving me this error. I tried it with the Cloud instance and it gives me the same error. I would really appreciate some help on this, because I will not be able to make the most of Splunk without apps.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

antoniorp77
Explorer

I have also used the username listed on this account as well (antoniorp77). What is weird is that on the "Users" tab of my Splunk UI it says that the email address that I use to sign in to this account is associated with a different username (antoniorp77) than the one I use to log in to splunk.com. Additionally, on the Splunk's UI Users tab it shows me that it is associated with the username that I use to log in to splunk.com which is a different one (antoniorp77).

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use the same credentials you used to download Splunk software.

Sometimes there are problems connecting to splunkbase that result in errors like what you saw.  All we can do then is try later.

Another possibility is a network problem on your company's end.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

antoniorp77
Explorer

I have reinstalled the Splunk instance and I keep getting the same problem. I do not know why it is not working with my credentials that I use to log in. When I click on forgot password and I give it my username for the email password reset link I never get the email, so I think that my username does not have an email associated with it and therefore I cannot confirm the account. If I can somehow link my email to my Splunk account maybe that will solve the problem. Also, I input my email on the "Users" tab but that did not work either. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to splunk.com and sign in.  Go to "My Dashboard" to verify you have an email address linked to your account (I believe it's mandatory).  Consider resetting your password there.

Once you've done that, return to your Splunk search head and try installing the app from there.

A workaround is to log in to apps.splunk.com directly and download the desired app(s) to your local computer.  Then install them using the "Install from file" option in the Manage Apps page.

P.S.  I deleted the screenshot so your personal email address is not available for all to see.

---

antoniorp77
Explorer

Thank you I was able to solve this.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is resolved, then please click an "Accept as Solution" button to help future readers.

---
0 Karma

antoniorp77
Explorer

Thank you for reaching out! In this case I am certain that my username was "admin" because that is the way I set it up to be. On another account that I setup my username was antonio74, I know the difference. However, I do not see what other credentials I could use to sign in given that my log in credentials are the only credentials that I have regarding the Splunk service, I also tried with the credentials that I used to download the Splunk file and that did not work either. I appreciate it your answer but it did not solve my issue. So please, help me solve it and I will give an upvote.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As the dialog box says, use your splunk.com username and password rather than the credentials you use to sign in to the Splunk UI.  I'm certain your splunk.com account name is not "admin".

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...