Installation

Installation Error - Getting Error 1403

SWAPnil786

When i am installing Splunk in my windows XP machine getting error 1304 writing to file c:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\babel\local data\nl.dat verify that you have access to the directory.Can you please help on this..

Thanks and Regards
Swapnil Gangrade

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Well, have you checked the permissions on that directory? It sounds like an old install by another user exists there or perhaps you need to escalate your installer permissions.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

From memory I would say right click and Run as Administrator or Install as Administrator

0 Karma

SWAPnil786

Thanks for your reply , This is my first Installation and the same error is coming when i am trying to install on our production system windows 7 64 bit . How to esclate installer permission??
Can you help me further as my directory have all the permissions ..read and right.

Thanks
Swapnil Gangrade

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...