Installation

Installation 6.3.2 Windows 7 X64 ends prematuraley without any message or log

nelsonmc

I am trying to perform a installation in my windows 7 X64 lap top of splunk enterprise. The job starts and without open any installation bar, give me the message that is "ending prematurely. Searching splunk answers , I tried to fins a LOG , but there is no one , also there is no splunk directory.

I am the administrator and the free space at C (NTFS) : is 72 GB .

Thanks

0 Karma

sjohnson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

First you need to make sure you are installing with an administrator or equivalent account.

If you are, to see what's happening you need to run the msiexec program with the log to a file option. Something like this:

Open a cmd window running as administrator
enter the command:

msiexec.exe /i /L*v

Check the logfilename for errors.

More details about the msiexec program at: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc759262(v=ws.10).aspx

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...