Installation

Install and Setup instructions

dolph88

First, this app looks very promising, thanks to the devs for the hard work!

Secondly, can we please get a better install and setup instructions document? I am new to Splunk, so I'm sure that is part of it, but I am having some real problems following how to get everything configured just right. There seems to be key pieces missing or glanced over in the documentation. It is assuming a working knowledge of Splunk, so that limits it's potential right off the bat. I'm not looking for an easy way out, just more details.

If there was a step-by-step install guide this app would be incredibly popular, it would take off so fast. However right now the learning curve is so great that I have to abandon work on implementing it and get back to day-to-day activities.

I really like this app, and maybe I'll give it another shot in a few months. By then I hope some of these growing pains have smoothed out.

0 Karma

dsteinb

I totally agree. I have it installed but I can not figure things out. It seems overly complicated. For example how do I install an addon? There is nothing in the file I downloaded. I would like to get Active Directory working and it keeps telling me I need to have Splunk_TA_Windows. I downloaded it and NO idea what to do from there. In Windows I see 2 Hosts but under Windows Performance Counters there is only 1. How do I add the second host?
This program does look good but again just overly complicated.
For right now I am going back to Manage Engines programs.

0 Karma

tpickard

To bad they couldn't answer you. Did you ever get it working?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...