Installation

IT Essentials Work infrastructure overview - Windows entities overview CPU utilization shows N/A?

Helios
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I'ved been having issues with getting "CPU utilization" to up on the Windows infrastructure dashboard.  I found that when i click on the Windows entities and move onto a single windows machine itself i see all pertinent data for CPU utilization, but for some reason i cannot get it to show on the dashboards as a graph.   

I have it set as the key indicator on the overview dashboard, it shows nothing, whereas the other key values show data (memory, network, and disk utilization).

key info

- 4 windows hosts (all same issue, shows N/A for CPU utilization)

- i have manipulated the search job schedule 

- entity discovery search is enabled, and manipulated the savedsearches.conf, gave it more time.

- set correct Index in macros in SA-ITOA

- checked on the _meta field in the windows stanza and the entity_type::windows_host is all there. 

- perfmon::CPU is all there.

So its weird why i am getting N/A for cpu utilization on the windows entity overview page and the infrastructure overview dashboard. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.   

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...