Installation

I am at Splunk 6.0.3 and want to upgrade to 6.2, are there any known caveats?

danieldu
Engager

I am at Splunk 6.0.3 and want to upgrade to 6.2.2, are there any known caveats? Will all my event date remain, etc.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MartinMcNutt
Communicator

If you following the steps provided by Splunk you should have no issues with your data.

I recently went through an upgrade from Windows 6.03 to 6.21 without any show stopping issues.

The only issue I had was with the web server refusing to run. I had to put it in legacy mode while Splunk looks into the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MartinMcNutt
Communicator

If you following the steps provided by Splunk you should have no issues with your data.

I recently went through an upgrade from Windows 6.03 to 6.21 without any show stopping issues.

The only issue I had was with the web server refusing to run. I had to put it in legacy mode while Splunk looks into the issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...