Installation

How to uninstall Universal Forwarder

Toborman

Trying to update the universal Forwarder from 7.1.1 to 7.3.1. First step it tries to uninstall the old version and needs the .msi to do it. I provide the location and it errors stating that it is not the correct forwarder even though the name matches that requested.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sanjeev543
Communicator

You don't have to unistall old version for UF upgradation, you can install new version on top of the old version.
You can download the new version and doubleclick it, it will install new version and installation log will be updated in C:\TEMP
If you wish to do it using cmd line,

msiexec.exe /i <path to downloaded file>\splunkforwarder-7.3.1-bd63e13aa157-x64-release.msi

Example:

msiexec.exe /i C:\Users\test\Desktop\splunkforwarder-7.3.1-bd63e13aa157-x64-release.msi

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...