Installation

How to transfer indexed data from a Splunk server with an expired license to another Linux server?

ginger8990
Explorer

Anyone know a simple way to move or transfer index data from an expired Splunk server to another one in Linux box?

After the free license exceeds the limit, we cannot do the search anymore. A lot of people said we need to do a clean install. Do we have another way to move or transfer data to another box or folder?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

After trial license expiration you can convert that to free license and continue searching and indexing. 😉

Settings -> Licensing -> Change it to free license.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers!

V

View solution in original post

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

After trial license expiration you can convert that to free license and continue searching and indexing. 😉

Settings -> Licensing -> Change it to free license.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers!

V

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

ginger8990
Explorer

we all know how to change license but I cannot search any more and I don't want to wait for 30 days period.

Is there any way to migrate data from the old to the new server or anyway to work around to do the search again?

That is my questions

0 Karma

vasanthmss
Motivator

go through this article,

Link

V

ginger8990
Explorer

that is a good article.

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hope this helps you.
Cheers!

V
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...