Installation

How to rollback to trial license

Fathy_tek
Observer

Hello,

I'm using the trial version  (60 days) of Splunk  Version:8.2.2.1 which I installed few days ago on my windows machine

I changed the licensing to Heavy forwarder, but I try to a search I got this error

Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk license by visiting www.splunk.com/store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

My  APP Data is local performance monitoring ( Processor : Select counter C1 Time, User Time DPC Rate, and selected instances 0 1 2 3  total )

I can not go back the trial entreprise license I don't exceed the trial period. is it possible to rollback this configuration and go back to trial enterprise license ?

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Maybe there's some secret trick but in general - no. The trial license is meant to be activated upon install and used once for up to 60 days. You have to remove your installation and do a clean reinstall.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...