Installation

How to rollback to trial license

Fathy_tek
Observer

Hello,

I'm using the trial version  (60 days) of Splunk  Version:8.2.2.1 which I installed few days ago on my windows machine

I changed the licensing to Heavy forwarder, but I try to a search I got this error

Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk license by visiting www.splunk.com/store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

My  APP Data is local performance monitoring ( Processor : Select counter C1 Time, User Time DPC Rate, and selected instances 0 1 2 3  total )

I can not go back the trial entreprise license I don't exceed the trial period. is it possible to rollback this configuration and go back to trial enterprise license ?

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Maybe there's some secret trick but in general - no. The trial license is meant to be activated upon install and used once for up to 60 days. You have to remove your installation and do a clean reinstall.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...