Installation

How to reset a license violation for a Dev license?

ngoetz24
Engager

I got busy and forgot to renew my development license for my home lab. I recently renewed it and applied the new license, but I am still getting the following error: "Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times.". My new license is good for upto 10gb a day, but since this is for my lab, I am only indexing about 100mb, so I am well under the license. How to I reset the previous violations from when my license expired?

smcmaster
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As a refresh of the information in this thread...

* For the 10gb developer license, you can reach out to devinfo@splunk.com for a reset key. You should expected a response within 2-3 business days.

* For the 50gb dev/test license, you'll need to reach out to Splunk Support or to your account team for a reset key. These licenses are only available for customers.

0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll need to apply a License Warnings Reset Key to your Splunk Enterprise deployment. For 10GB Developer licenses or 50GB Dev/Test licenses, please reach out to devinfo@splunk.com - we are typically able to respond within 2-3 business days.

Update: devinfo@splunk.com does not handle 50GB Dev/Test Licenses. For Dev/Test Licenses, please reach out to Support via the Support Portal on www.splunk.com or to your account team. 

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

if its your dev/home setup, just reinstall splunk afresh. If you need old data, you could back it up.
In many instances, i've seen reinstalling completely is faster/easier in dev systems

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Reach out to your Splunk sales team. They should be able to generate a reset key for you. I'm not positive, but it should work for the personalized dev/test licenses the same way it does for a regular license.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...