Installation

How to reset a license violation for a Dev license?

ngoetz24
Engager

I got busy and forgot to renew my development license for my home lab. I recently renewed it and applied the new license, but I am still getting the following error: "Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times.". My new license is good for upto 10gb a day, but since this is for my lab, I am only indexing about 100mb, so I am well under the license. How to I reset the previous violations from when my license expired?

smcmaster
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As a refresh of the information in this thread...

* For the 10gb developer license, you can reach out to devinfo@splunk.com for a reset key. You should expected a response within 2-3 business days.

* For the 50gb dev/test license, you'll need to reach out to Splunk Support or to your account team for a reset key. These licenses are only available for customers.

0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll need to apply a License Warnings Reset Key to your Splunk Enterprise deployment. For 10GB Developer licenses or 50GB Dev/Test licenses, please reach out to devinfo@splunk.com - we are typically able to respond within 2-3 business days.

Update: devinfo@splunk.com does not handle 50GB Dev/Test Licenses. For Dev/Test Licenses, please reach out to Support via the Support Portal on www.splunk.com or to your account team. 

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

if its your dev/home setup, just reinstall splunk afresh. If you need old data, you could back it up.
In many instances, i've seen reinstalling completely is faster/easier in dev systems

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Reach out to your Splunk sales team. They should be able to generate a reset key for you. I'm not positive, but it should work for the personalized dev/test licenses the same way it does for a regular license.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...