Installation

How to move apps from one enviroment to another environment?

maniu1609
Path Finder

In the current environment, we have 3 search heads in clustering, 3 indexers in clustering. Now we are going to set up a new environment which is going to have 6 indexers and 5 search heads.

Issue: How to move apps, parser details, index apps to the new environment from the current environment.

I need to move all files with respect to that app.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@maniu1609, were you able to try any one of the answers below?

niketn
Legend

@maniu1609, please follow the Splunk Dev site to package your app and then instead of uploading to Splunkbase, you would just deploy to your test machine to ensure packaging and dependencies works fine and then on your new splunk instance.

http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEMY

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi maniu1609,
shortly there are two methods to follow depending by the apps: standard or custom apps.

For Standard Apps, I suggest tu follow installation documents, because the best way is to perform a fresh new installation.
You could also follow the below same procedure of custom apps, but use special attention if there are scripts or particular modules (e.g.: the client to extract logs in eStreamer App)

For custom App, at first you have to be sure that all objects in your App are shared at App or Global level (not Private), then you can copy them from a Search Head to the new environment Deployer and deploy bundle.
For indexes, you can copy *.conf files (indexes.conf, props.conf and transforms.conf) from the old environment Master Node to the new one and deploy bundle.
I usually before install Indexes and then Apps.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...