Installation

How to make splunk recognize my copied xml file as a dashboard

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I would like to copy paste my app dashboards, say from the app  A/local/data/ui/views folder to the corresponding backup app, say A_backup/../views several times a day adding the timestamp to the dashboard name. The goal is to give developers the possibility to come back to their coding from like 3 hrs back.

What do I need to take into consideration for that?

I mean I would like to avoid restarting my splunk in-between to make the changes visible of course.  The developers should be able to access the A_backup and see their versioned dashboards by the corresponding name.

I know, there are perhaps better ways (github app) for that, but I would like to keep it simple as that.

I made a test with copy paste of one .xml file within the same app, but it is not visible in the UI, so I guess I miss some parts here.

Can anyone help with the above?

Kind Regards, Kamil

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @damucka,

if you don't want to restart Splunk after a copy of a dashboard file, the only way is to make your copy as a clonation of your dashboard via GUI, or (always via GUI) create a new dashboard manually copying the code of the first dashboard, but never via operative system, because in this way you have to restart Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

damucka
Builder
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @damucka,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @damucka,

if you don't want to restart Splunk after a copy of a dashboard file, the only way is to make your copy as a clonation of your dashboard via GUI, or (always via GUI) create a new dashboard manually copying the code of the first dashboard, but never via operative system, because in this way you have to restart Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...