Installation

How to calculate the usage per day for a trial license?

pdash
Path Finder

I am trying to calculate the license usage per day with the following query

index=_internal source="*license_usage.*" earliest=@d 
| eval MB=round(b/1024/1024,1) 
| eval License_Percent_Usage=round(MB/500 * 100,1)
| TABLE MB License_Percent_Usage date_mday host

This is for trial license so we have 500 MB limit. The result shows me:
that my license usage volume MB is 29000.1 while in Manager/Licensing i see the volume as 3019 Mb. How do I get that exact volume?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

pahujadeep
Explorer

Here, try this to get licence usage and % usage for today

index=_internal source=license_usage.log type="RolloverSummary" earliest=@d | bin _time span=1d | stats latest(b) AS b latest(stacksz) AS stacksz by slave, pool, _time | stats sum(b) AS volumeB max(stacksz) AS stacksz by _time | eval pctused=round(volumeB/stacksz*100,2)

change earliest=@d to earliest=-30d@d to check for last 30 days and so on.

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator
index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" type=RolloverSummary | timechart span=1d sum(b) AS DailyVolume | eval DailyVolume=round(DailyVolume/1024/1024/1024,2) | eval License="5"
0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

The license usage of splunk 5.0 is compatible with 4.3, not 4.2. The search to check license usage will be following. Could you try it? I think your search result may be including summary indexed data volume.

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log type=Usage | eval GB=b/1024/1024/1024 | timechart span=1d sum(GB) by pool

The following site is also helpful. Please take loot at it.

http://wiki.splunk.com/Community:TroubleshootingIndexedDataVolume

DaveSavage
Builder

I found that wiki reference and link v useful, thanks for posting it Takajian.

0 Karma

pdash
Path Finder

splunk 5.0

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

The way that this is logged has changed dramatically across Splunk versions. What version are you running?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...