Installation

How to Install private app for splunk cloud?

Mr2022
Explorer

Dears

I tried to install private app in my splunk cloud developer account, I have 14 days trial and my account is admin.

I referred to this link to install private app https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.2.2201/Admin/PrivateApps#Install_private_apps_on....

But I found there is no button install  Install app from file.

Would you please tell me how I can install an app from file for my splunk cloud account.

Thanks very much!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

you have two choices:

• send your custom app to Splunk and they will install it in 24 hours if it hasn't problems,
  • manually create a new app and manually copying all the knowledge objects of your App.

I usually prefer the second choice, is the fastest!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

you have two choices:

• send your custom app to Splunk and they will install it in 24 hours if it hasn't problems,
  • manually create a new app and manually copying all the knowledge objects of your App.

I usually prefer the second choice, is the fastest!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Mr2022
Explorer

Hi gcusello

I'm using splunk cloud not splunk enterpreise where can I manually copying all the knowledge objects of my App into.

Looking forward to your reply, thanks very much!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

When I used Splunk Cloud and I created a new empty App, then I manually created dashboards, fields, and al the knowledge objects.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Mr2022
Explorer

OK, I know, thanks very much^_^!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

ok, tell me if I can help you more, otherwise, pelase, accept my answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...