Installation

How do you test a Splunk 6 upgrade? Rsync scheduled search results?

twinspop
Influencer

In particular, scheduled searches in dashboards are presenting a problem. I set-up a new search head with Splunk 6 and copied the apps over. The new install has the scheduler disabled because I don't want it messing with the continuously running production searches.

I have not added the new install to the pool for fear of mixing Splunk 5 and Splunk 6 servers' data in the shared storage area.

My idea was to rsync data from the shared storage over to the new server so we can verify dashboards and forms are working as intended. Would this work? Should I sync the entire var sub directory from the shared storage? Or just a particular dir under that tree, like dispatch maybe?

Labels (1)

lakshman239
Influencer

If you want to rsync the knowledge objects ( i.e. results of the savedsearches), you can rsync the dispatch directory.

$RSYNC /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch/* splunk@yourhost::splunk_dispatch

where splunk_dispatch is /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...