Installation

How do I write a SPLUNK HF configuration to run Python Scripts?

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

I have 2 Python scripts need to be run inside (hfscritps-1.py and hfscritps-2.py ) SPLUNK HF everyday at 5am ET. Scripts are required to import modules (import os and from datetime import date); how would I configure my SPLUNK  HF (or Python Scripts) to perform these tasks. Any help/recommendation will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can set them up as scripted input on your HF (Splunk Enterprise version installed).

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/AdvancedDev/ScriptSetup

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

Thank you so much for your quick response. But the main objective of those 2 scripts is to parse some source files and send the file in a folder so, SPLUNK HF can push those files from that folder to the indexer (i.e., ingest the parsed files). Do you think, it's going to work? Any help/recommendation will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...