Installation

How do I upgrade from 6.2 to 6.2.2?

switchfly

I am not able to find a way to update splunk from 6.2 to 6.2.2. I see everywhere the steps to do it
"There is yet no published instructions for upgrading a search head cluster. For now you may use the following.
a. Stop all cluster members.
b. Upgrade all members.
c. Stop the deployer.
d. Upgrade the deployer.
e. Restart the deployer.
f. Restart the members.
g. Wait one to two minutes for captain election to complete. The cluster will then start functioning."

but I do not see the command to start the upgrade process.

Please advise.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Basic instructions for how to upgrade Splunk Enterprise are in the Installation Manual. That includes the step-by-step procedure, with commands.

The short procedure you found is confirmed in the Upgrade a search head cluster topic in the Distributed Search manual.

General information about Upgrading a distributed environment is in the Distributed Deployment Manual.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Basic instructions for how to upgrade Splunk Enterprise are in the Installation Manual. That includes the step-by-step procedure, with commands.

The short procedure you found is confirmed in the Upgrade a search head cluster topic in the Distributed Search manual.

General information about Upgrading a distributed environment is in the Distributed Deployment Manual.

switchfly

Thank you for this. I have also found some documentation on how to do upgrades for a distributed environment. For example we have 2 indexers , 2 search heads, a deployment server and a master cluster. Should I be brining down all nodes then upgrading in this order:

1: Master
2: Deploy Server
3: Search heads
4: Indexers

All help is very appreciated.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/Deploy/Upgradeyourdistributedenvironment, which I referred to before. It says:

1. Disable deployment server
  2. Upgrade deployment server but do not restart it
  3. Upgrade search heads
  4. Upgrade indexers

switchfly

Thank you for this. My mistake for over looking the information provided above

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...