Installation

How can I turn off license metering in Splunk Enterprise?

kfaulkner_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Starting with version 6.5.0, Splunk Enterprise no longer disables searches when you exceed your licensed data ingestion quota. If you’re an existing customer, you will need to upgrade your licensed production deployment (or at least the Licensing Master) to 6.5.0 and request a “no-enforcement” license key from your Splunk Sales Rep or Splunk Authorized Partner. For all the details, refer to the Metered License Enforcement FAQ at www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/splunk-enterprise-metered-license-enforcement-faq.html

Labels (1)
1 Solution

kfaulkner_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Starting with version 6.5.0, Splunk Enterprise no longer disables searches when you exceed your licensed data ingestion quota. If you’re an existing customer, you will need to upgrade your licensed production deployment (or at least the Licensing Master) to 6.5.0 and request a “no-enforcement” license key from your Splunk Sales Rep or Splunk Authorized Partner. For all the details, refer to the Metered License Enforcement FAQ at www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/splunk-enterprise-metered-license-enforcement-faq.html

View solution in original post

kfaulkner_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Starting with version 6.5.0, Splunk Enterprise no longer disables searches when you exceed your licensed data ingestion quota. If you’re an existing customer, you will need to upgrade your licensed production deployment (or at least the Licensing Master) to 6.5.0 and request a “no-enforcement” license key from your Splunk Sales Rep or Splunk Authorized Partner. For all the details, refer to the Metered License Enforcement FAQ at www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/splunk-enterprise-metered-license-enforcement-faq.html

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So the quick and simple answer is, you just install the new no-enforcement license on your license master. Thats all you have to do.

Your license pools, pass4key, indexer restarts, etc are not required. Just update the license and thats it. Only hosts reporting to the License Master will fall within this policy. And the LM needs to be at 6.5 or greater. Ideally, all your infra should be at the same level.

0 Karma

thezero
Path Finder

Hi,

No sufficient info on Faq'S 😞

1.Do we need to delete existing license pools on old license manger before/after upgrading applying no enforcement key?
2.Do we still need to apply older license and then apply no enforcement key or only enforcement key after upgrade?
3.Do we need to change pass4key on all indexers to point to new License manager?
4.Do indexer host restart required to connect them to no-enforcement key license master?
5. Any reported issues and fix?
6. Any step by step guide would have been great but SPlunk doesn't bother to create one and prefer only theoretical approach in docs rather than practical 😞

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...