Installation

How can I get a Splunk Dev/Test license?

kfaulkner_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What are the qualifications and limits?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

kfaulkner_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Any Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud customer employee can get a free personalized Splunk Enterprise Dev/Test software license.
The goal is to let you explore data sources and use cases without impacting your production systems and license usage…

Each license is valid for up to 50 GB daily data ingestion and a six-month renewable term. It’s single instance software. You can’t use it in production, nor stack it with other Splunk deployments. There are other nits, but the goal is to give you the freedom to explore without undue constraints. You can read more about Dev/Test License terms and sign-up at splunk.com/dev-test

View solution in original post

Roy_9
Motivator

@kfaulkner_splun @sylim_splunk  Can multiple users login and perform searches on this personalized dev/test license using admin account credentials?

0 Karma

dinan5m3

Hello,

I do see where to go to request the usual dev license from Splunk (that provides 6 mos trial, with 10 GB ingest daily limit).

But after reviewing various dev/test license page and FAQ, watched the promo video, i am not seeing where to go exactly to request for this dev/test license.

The following page merely provides the introduction but no where i see a link or steps to follow to make the request for this dev/test license.

Anyone have the detail?

http://splunk.com/dev-test

Thanks much,

0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There's a green button on the right side of that page titled "Request a License" - clicking this will start the license request process. The direct link would be https://www.splunk.com/bin/services/splunkcom/v1/requestDevLicense

0 Karma

sylim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Make sure you know about what you would get with the Persionalized Dev/Test license, find the information from the link, https://www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/personalized-dev-test-licenses/faq.html

i) Not for DevOps. This is not to simulate production environment
The Dev/Test License enables exploration of new non-production uses of Splunk Enterprise. DevOps is a methodology that combines software development and IT operations into a single function for the delivery of production systems. Thus, Dev/Test Licenses cannot be used for production DevOps or any other in-production processes.

ii) limited feature
Support for one authenticated account
Single node
No clustering
No distributed search

iii) Do these personalized Dev/Test Licenses include support?
No. Users can access community support via www.splunk.com/community.

If you do not want to accept these limitations because you are testing to move to production in the near term, you can contact your Splunk sales rep or Splunk authorized partner about purchasing a non-feature limited, larger capacity Dev/Test License.

kfaulkner_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Any Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud customer employee can get a free personalized Splunk Enterprise Dev/Test software license.
The goal is to let you explore data sources and use cases without impacting your production systems and license usage…

Each license is valid for up to 50 GB daily data ingestion and a six-month renewable term. It’s single instance software. You can’t use it in production, nor stack it with other Splunk deployments. There are other nits, but the goal is to give you the freedom to explore without undue constraints. You can read more about Dev/Test License terms and sign-up at splunk.com/dev-test

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...