Installation

Help with universal forwarder setup wizard ended prematurely on Windows 10

gardnernspace11

Universal forwarder setup wizard ended prematurely on Windows 10. I've tried all the suggestions from the thread that had similar issues and it didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @gardnernspace11 

Can you please share error message you getting in installation wizard to troubleshoot further 

gardnernspace11

gardnernspace11_0-1644963687967.png

Thanks @SanjayReddy

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi  @gardnernspace11 

Hope you are having correct permission and using compatible splunk UF version for installation (64bit or 32 bit ) , to match with your system configuration

can you please check first_install.log  from from following location and was it showing any errors?. 

C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\log\splunk\first_install.log 

Also can you check splunkd.log errors about installation of UF from same location  

if above steps doesnt help 

can you try to to clean installation  from cmd using following command 

Replace <splunk forwarder......>.msi with actual msi name 

msiexec.exe /i splunkforwarder_x64.msi AGREETOLICENSE=yes SPLUNKUSERNAME=SplunkAdmin SPLUNKPASSWORD=Ch@ng3d! /quiet 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...