Installation

Heavy Forwarder iNSTALLED OR NOT

umeshcreddy
Engager

I  have asked to Add the new Linux HFs to the forwarding configurations and ensure that logs are passing through them 

how to verify the condition is met or not 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @umeshcreddy,

let me understand:

• do you want to know if you're receiving logs from that HF
  • or do you want to know if the logs passing through the HF arrive to the Indexers?

in the first case run on Search Heads  the following search:

(index=_internal OR index=*) host=HF_hostname

If instead your HF is a concentrator and you want to know if logs are passing, list the hosts that are sending logs anche check if there are the correct list of hosts with a simple search on Search Heads:

index=_internal OR index=*
| stats count BY host

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @umeshcreddy,

let me understand:

• do you want to know if you're receiving logs from that HF
  • or do you want to know if the logs passing through the HF arrive to the Indexers?

in the first case run on Search Heads  the following search:

(index=_internal OR index=*) host=HF_hostname

If instead your HF is a concentrator and you want to know if logs are passing, list the hosts that are sending logs anche check if there are the correct list of hosts with a simple search on Search Heads:

index=_internal OR index=*
| stats count BY host

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

umeshcreddy
Engager

@gcusello  cant we check in the deployment sever in the forwarder management for the HF_hostname whether deployed or not.  I have this doubt can you please confirm

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @umeshcreddy,

to check if HF was deployed by Deployment Server is a different thing: it's not relevant Ds to understand if an HF is logging or not.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S. Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...