Installation

Getting ERROR: Couldn't read "/opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf"

rpradeep
Path Finder

I have installed splunk in docker container by pulling image from docker.io/splunk/splunk and running it. Later I installed an app called "Calendar Visualization" & committed the changes to create a new image (splunk:v1).
Now I am not able to run a container out of this new image.
Errors:
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": ["/opt/splunk/bin/splunk", "enable", "listen", "9997", "-auth", "admin:splunked", "--accept-license", "--answer-yes", "--no-prompt"], "delta": "0:00:01.768577", "end": "2019-02-19 10:32:50.522140", "failed_when_result": true, "msg": "non-zero return code", "rc": 8, "start": "2019-02-19 10:32:48.753563", "stderr": "", "stderr_lines": [], "stdout": "ERROR: Couldn't determine $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC; perhaps one should be set in environment", "stdout_lines": ["ERROR: Couldn't determine $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC; perhaps one should be set in environment"]}
ERROR: Couldn't read "/opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf" -- maybe $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC is set wrong?

Please help.

Tags (1)

MoniM
Communicator

Hi @rpradeep ,
you can check this accepted answer below:-
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/553373/couldnt-determine-splunk-home-perhaps-it-should-be.html

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...